I do love the fridge. That super big paradise of yummy food as well as delicious drink, just waiting for me. Everyone should take time to teach their child how to clean out the fridge. If not, your child will make you spaghetti with mold balls that you think are meatballs until you eat it. I want to save you from this horror. I swear I’m scarred for life.
This is how you clean a fridge.
1. Remove all food from the refrigerator. After all we can’t clean it when it is all full of food, can we?
2. Remove any fridge drawers or shelves and soak them in warm water mixed with dishwashing soap. We do this in the bathtub. Those drawers can be pretty big.
3. Using a mixture of dish detergent and warm water, use a cloth, and scrub the interior.
4. You can use baking soda for any really stubborn stains. This also deodorizes. Magic Eraser also works really well.
5. When complete, check the food as you carefully put it back in place. You probably need to be prepared to clean some of the food containers too, if you have had any leaks.
How to know if your child has mastered the cleaning out the fridge skill
1. Clean out the fridge together
2. For the next two weeks, have them monitor the fridge for spills and issues and spot clean as necessary. Look for common events that cause messes so that these events can be eliminated in the future.
This skill has been featured on The Skill Of The Week.
Leave a Reply