The holidays mean a busy schedule. BUT that doesn’t mean your fitness regimen needs to be pushed aside. Here are some ways to fit in exercise this busy holiday season.
We all have a busy schedule during the holidays and finding a way to fit in exercise can be a struggle. With all of the fun treats out for the holidays and large family meals getting in exercise is even more important during the holidays than the rest of the year.
This year use these simple tips to fit exercise into your busy holiday schedule.
- Go on family walks to see the lights. Whether walking around your neighborhood, walking around downtown, or heading to your local zoo lights it’s easy to have fun watching the Christmas lights and getting in a good walk. The brisk cold air makes it more or a workout for your cardiovascular system than a warm weather walk.
- Go dancing when you meet up with friends. Choosing an activity that doubles as exercise is a great way to get in a workout while having fun with your friends.
- Shovel snow or build a snowman with the kids for a full body workout. Anyone that has ever shoveled snow knows that it is a real workout. Shoveling snow has been proven to have cardiovascular benefits along with working every major muscle in your body. Building a snowman is a great workout that allows you to spend quality family time with the children in your family.
- Go ice skating with your family. This fun activity to enjoy with your loved ones makes a great workout. Finding ways to get in activity and family time helps you fit exercise into your busy holiday schedule without missing out on any of the holiday fun.
- Sneak in a workout DVD while the kids are asleep. Choose a quick video you can finish and shower before starting your day with your family. a High impact 20-minute workout can go a long way to help to feel normal even when finding time for a really good workout can be difficult.
So, which family-friendly exercise ideas will you dive into with your family first?